Monday 25 March 2013

Vegetarian Dairy Cinch-a-Lada Bake

I didn't take pictures of this meal but it turned out very well.  This is a nice, meatless meal that is made almost exclusively out of pantry stock. 

Ingredients:
- 2 cans black beans
- 1 can diced tomatoes (I used Ro-Tel mild)
- 1 can of enchilada sauce (I used hot because it's what I had on hand - it had some heat to it)
- 1 can of corn (the Mexicorn would be good here, but I did not have that)
- 5 flour tortillas, cut in to quarters
- Shredded cheddar jack (a good handful)
- Sour cream, black olives, lettuce & tomato for garnish

Preheat oven to 350F.  Stir beans, corn and tomatoes together and layer in a baking dish.  Top with tortilla triangles. Pour enchilada sauce on top. Cover generously with shredded cheese.  Bake for 20-25 minutes until dish is bubbly and cheese is melty.  Cut in to squares and serve with garnish. 

Very easy, cheap and filling.  It is a GREAT weeknight meal because there is almost no prep work.  We had ours with salad and it was pretty satisfying.  You can heat it up or take it down by using more spicy/less spicy tomatoes and sauce.  This is not a bad looking dish (I wish I'd have gotten pictures).  I'd consider taking this to a potluck.  You could probably easily add in some meat if you want.  We do "meatless Monday" at our house most of the time, so I opted not to add it in.  If you try and like, leave a comment, or let me know if you used a variation.
Cheers, People!


File under Frugal Living/Frugal Me

0 comments:

Post a Comment