Friday 3 August 2012

A's A's and More A's...OH MY!


So.  For those of you who have been living on another planet for the past year or so, let me share something with you.  Adoption acronyms contain A’s.  For instance:

PA – Physician’s Assistant?  Pennsylvania?  Oh, that is just silly.  PRE-APPROVAL.  That means that China said we could proceed with Zack’s adotion!

LOA – Letter of Admonishment? Letter of Appreciation?  Oh, poo poo. That actually means Letter Seeking Confirmation!  Why we call it an LOA and not an LSC – well…I have no flipping idea.  Sue me.  I know lawyers. 

TA – Tuition Assistance?  Title and Artist?  How silly would that be?  It means TRAVEL APPROVAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  So.  For those of you who know me well who can picture me doing a victory lap with the U.S. Flag around the track – well picture that.  This means that we are invited to China to finish our adoption.  And you guys know we don’t go where we aren’t invited.  OK.  Lies. Total lies. 
So. After TA, what do we have – well, friends at home, we have a CA – which stands for…..drum roll…not California…CONSULATE APPOINTMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So.  We have been invited to the China to pick up (and exit with) a certain little guy that currently goes by "Mao Mao".  We’re totally thrilled about that. 
More later…I will leave you with a shot of the sea of paperwork that has become my life….and yes…I will be really happy to taken on all the below:  snot monsters, closet monsters, potty trains, interrupted sleep, and whatever whatnot this adventure throws at me.  I have just bought myself another 20 years of kissing boo boos, nagging, organizing carpools…and I’m LOVING THAT.  Cheers, people.  I’m a boy mom now.

1 comments:

Dawn said...

LOVE IT!!! Oh and it's called LOA because back in the early days of China adoption it was called the Letter of Acceptance. Hence, L.O.A.

Post a Comment