Wednesday 7 December 2011

Paperwork Paperwork Paperwork

Today, our dossier was sent to our agency. I hate to let go of these two notebooks of documents I have spent so much time putting together. Living overseas, it has taken me most of the late summer & fall to collect all of the documents we need for our adoption. The dossier is what will introduce Lee and I to the Chinese adoption authorities. It contains a formal letter requesting to adopt one of their children; certified copies of our birth and marriage certificates, proof of employment, proof of financial status, proof that we're not terminally ill or carrying a contagious disease, and pictures of our house and of us. EVERYTHING is notarized. Once our agency tells us it's good, then they will translate it in to Chinese and send it off. Our homestudy report which is in progress will be a part of the translation...the social worker was here last week...hope he hurries!

Once the translated dossier reaches China, it is LOGGED IN! At some point after Log In Date (LID), we received LOA - Letter of Approval. Right now, we have pre-approval. So, come on DHL, get our stuff to Utah in one piece! And fast!

Once I know those documents are there, I will be able to breathe a little bit and try to focus on something else. I know there will be more paperwork, but I feel like we are over the big paperwork hurdle. Hoping to be logged in by 10 Jan...I hope this is a reachable goal. That would be nice!

0 comments:

Post a Comment