Thursday 29 December 2011

I-800A Filed

Our I-800A was sent to USCIS today! This basically means we have now officially applied with the U.S. government authorities to bring an immigrant in to the U.S. (yes, even though we don't technically live in the U.S. right now). We had to provide fingerprints and some other information...one of us may have had to provide a kidney - KIDDING! This is so that the U.S. authorities can verify that we are who we say we are and that we have the means to support this person we're bringing to our country and that we're not going to do anything bad.

I have attached the link to the USCIS website in case anyone has trouble sleeping and wants to do a little light reading on immigration. There is no more INS, which I did not know until we started the process to adopt.

So, now I can relax a bit and just wait for this paperwork to flow through the system...except most people who know me know relaxing isn't really something I am good at.

Tomorrow we are off to Edinburgh Scotland to ring in the New Year. How cool is that? I hope to be able to get fancy and post about something besides adoption.


1 comments:

Unknown said...

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis

Post a Comment