Saturday 10 November 2012

Zack’s First Halloween

Zack’s first trick-or-treat was a success.  As you can see from the photos, we did family-themed costumes.  By the time the big day rolled around, Zack could correctly identify a pumpkin and say the word…or something like it.  We visited a local pumpkin patch the Saturday before Halloween…we were not there very long – the weather was terrible.  We scored some pumpkins, had some fried doughnuts (and if you know me, you know this made me really happy) and got a balloon animal.  A quick outing but a good time. 

Halloween week, Zack helped me make some spooky cupcakes and he enjoyed the treats my mom sent.  We went to RAF Mildenhall for “Trunk or Treat”…which was about 30 cars in the parking lot of the Galaxy Club.  The cars were decorated up really nice and we saw some cool (if a little bit scary) costumes. 

This was short and sweet…we did not get much candy, but that’s OK.  We could have gone in to base housing, but for a 2-year old first-timer, I think we did all right.  He was willing to hold out his bucket and accept candy, but he was very wary of all of the scary costumes.  We made the mistake of letting him hold his bucket on the 20 minute drive home and he tore in to some of the chocolate with his teeth. 

It was fun dressing up like characters from the Wizard of Oz…but my dream of Cruella DeVille and some puppies is still alive…maybe next year.  Cheers...oh, and pictures are below. 

Jill
 A little pre-trick or treat carb loading...my boy loves his noodles.  Pay no mind to the fact that he looks slightly tipsy in this picutre. 

Helping with cupcakes in the cute bib from Grandmother!

 Scarecrow and Lion in line for Trunk or Treat...Zack is not sure what to think of all of this. 
 I don't get why she wants me to stand by this scary looking thing but I don't like it one bit!
 Pumpkin Patch with ominous looking sky behind...
 Lion and Dorothy
Practicing Trick or Treat
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment